This is the second post in our Expats Guide to Fiji series. Please also check out the other posts:
If you have anything to add, please let us know and we will add it to the list.
- Nadi Town
- Nadi Airport
If you are expecting a parcel from overseas it will be at the Nadi Airport post office – first left after you enter the airport. Parcel notification forms should be sent but often aren’t so you may need to call to locate your parcel. You will have to pay duty on any parcels that come in and boxes will also be opened up by the customs officer.
- Westpac – it is different to Australian Wespac
- BSP – Bank of the South Pacific
Cars & Transport
Visit the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for all things car related.
- LTA Nadi Town – very small office
- LTA Airport – about a minute past the airport, turn right.
Look on the Nadi Expat Facebook pages/groups for cars for sale. Also try Car4Sale.com.fj
There are several bus services around Nadi. The Yellow Westbus (Dollar Bus) runs from Denarau to Nadi regularly and costs $1 each way (pay the driver as you leave the bus).
Taxis are relatively inexpensive and easy to find as well.
Driving Distances from Nadi (one way, approx):
- Lautoka 45mins
- Ba 1.5 hours
- Sigatoka 1 hour
- Pacific Harbour 2 hours
- Suva 3 hours
Hospitals & Medical Centres
- Nadi Hospital – Hospital Road, Nadi Town
- Lautoka Hospital – larger than Nadi’s facility
- Zen’s Medical – Denarau (near golf course), Nadi Town and Namaka
- Suva Private Hospital has a good reputation (3 hours away)
- Totoka Hair and Makeup – Denarau Industrial area
- Spoilt Rotten – hair and nails
- Salon GR – Eden Plaza Martintar (near Cafe O)
- Jun’s Namaka – good and cheap